RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Critical Update Error

awraynor

My console keeps flashing a network critical error that updates need to be reviewed.

I click on the icon, click the install updates button and then it tells me there are

no updates available. If I RDC into the server, update manually or go through the

settings tab on the console, they all tell me no updates are available. However,

the network critical error keeps coming up. Any ideas?

Going that route there was a RDC server 2003 update, but still get an error.

The only thing left is a MSSE update that keeps failing.

Well then just tell it to "not show" the update that is failing. If it's not showing in the Console update manager, then it's not imperative.

This doesn't give you the option to suppress the error, only a button to install the update, which keeps failing.

Did MS recently change MSSE to produce failures with WHS installs?

Yeah, the latest MSSE update doesn't install on WHS. Does the update show up in both Windows Update & from within MSSE?

This doesn't give you the option to suppress the error, only a button to install the update, which keeps failing.

Did MS recently change MSSE to produce failures with WHS installs?

You can hide the update by RDP-ing to the server, selecting start -> windows update. Select "custom" when the website asks you how you want to install updates.

The when the available updates appear, click the + sign and select the checkbox which says "Don't show this update again". It will give you a warning about hiding important updates, but that's safe to ignore as you really do want to hide it :)).

Edited by kermi