RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Beginner Drone Flying

Dave

Most of the time when someone asks what drone they should get I steer them away from the "toy" drones for a number of reasons.  One, that same money could be applied to a better drone, and two, the quality of toy flyers are usually lackluster.  In some cases I recommend a couple of different toy drones to simply have fun with.  This is one of those.

They Syma x5c is on sale at Amazon for $37 and is a decent flyer.  If you want a photography drone then look elsewhere.  If you want a simple unit that flies well and also has a somewhat stable camera then here it is! If you pile drive it into the concrete you are not going to complain much right?

Syma X5C-1 - http://amzn.to/2qw0aVh - $37.99 

These little guys can be a lot of fun even if you already have a Phantom or Mavic.  It's fun to play with a toy drone inside and out.  The DJI drones are so simple to fly they can sometimes be "unfun."  This little guy can be flown into a wall and bounce back most of the time.  Careful, we chopped a plant in half one time. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 11.22.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 11.22.47 AM.png

If you find that you want to get into arial photography and more intense distances then lets talk DJI. You can get started in that for as little as $400.(on sale)  You don't need to drop $1000 to $1200 on a Mavic to get that beautiful arial shot. (although, I admit to wanting a Mavic Pro!)