RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ecobee 4 Ships May 15th

Dave

ecobee4 now has Amazon Alexa BUILT IN!!!

The new voice-enabled smart thermostat with room sensors

• Room sensor to help manage hot and cold spots
  • Comes with built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service
  • Ask it to order groceries, read the news, and more

$249

There is also a "Smart Bundle" for $313.  It includes 2 extra room sensors.

https://shop.ecobee.com/products/ecobee4-smarter-bundle

Ecobee 3 is on Amazon for $189. Includes a room sensor too.

http://fave.co/2qFQC6o

I have some thoughts but curious about what you think.  I have both Alexa and ecobee in my house and I would personally recommend both.  However, I don't really have a need for Alexa in my hallway to the master bedroom.  It will be different for every house but we personally have 3 Alexa full size units and 3 Echo Dots. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 2.36.26 PM.png

up7500

I already have an Echo and an Ecobee, both in the kitchen.  In some ways I am tempted to upgrade and then I can take the 3 and install it in my moms house.  Right now she has a 5 day programmable thermostat.  Most times it is hard to read where it is..  Also since I have to program in any changes, with the Ecobee 3 I could just make changes through the website when she wants them.

Still need to find out if the sensors work with either.  Also it would be nice if they made the baseplates the same, then I could just pull the 3 off the wall and slap on the 4.

• Like 1

thecheekytaurus

I have been forbidden from putting a 'smart device' of any kind in the bedroom but the wall just outside the bedroom within earshot... ;-)

The combo would come in handy.

• Like 1

Dave

Both good feedback as I know there are houses that this will be handy in.  Mine is simply not the case although I LOVE the ecobee.

JROrtiz

I've completely switched over to Google Home but I'm still tempted just for the design. Looks like it has more of a flat finish than the high gloss finish the 3 has now. Will likely stick with my 3 though.