RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

New Surface Laptop leaked prior to Microsoft event

Dave

I was disappointed to see this actually. Not about the device but about the leak. I'm sure this is the last thing you want to see happen when you have your entire product team in NYC to announce new gear.

We will have to wait on specs and price though. What do you think?f81a5e02d4c9cd75c5384b3dfc3ebe2c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Trig0r

I had heard rumours that MS were going to go down the traditional route with a new Surface Book/Clamshell device and make it cheaper than the existing one, at which point it becomes just another laptop, as the saying goes, why try to reinvent the wheel...

Dave

It's the same but different. I'm still confused by the keyboard top. Is that really what schools want?

Trig0r

Lets just pretend for once that Microsoft do know what people want, from the images it looks similar to the fabric Pro 4 keyboard so yeah, guess that is what people want...

JROrtiz

I think it looks great and although that cloth like finish on the keyboard looks funky, I imagine it's a lot easier on the palms then bare metal. Still, my next laptop will have USB-C power so that I can stop carrying around multiple cables and power sources so I will not be pre-ordering.

Dave

They claim that this laptop will carry you for 4 years yet the port selection is very slim.  I get the DisplayPort vs. HDMI. That is easy to overcome.  I'm a bit baffled by the charging port. Will the brick have additional ports?

Trig0r

I'm still waiting for them to make it so the USB port in the charge brick connects devices to the Surface so I wouldn't get your hopes up there Dave..

Dave

I rarely used that port when I used SP3 and the book. Just wasn't convenient. My bad for being used to ports on the side of a laptop. Sorry Tim Cook.

Trig0r

The bit I dont get is theres no real reason for it not to be linked to the device, I mean, the power goes into the Surface Connector on the side, so we already know theres signals in there due to the dock etc so why not, especially given that the USB port on the side struggles with giving enough power for thinks like BR drives...

JackoUK

Another Apple-esque device - all form and less function.Starting at $999!

Still ... previous Surface efforts have certainly stirred up the OEM's who are now producing some very nice combinations at reasonable prices.