RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

A new 2017 look of MS Gen8

Valbel

Hi.

I bought my first server - Microserver Gen8. I noticed a difference in appearance of a 2017 version. Its like a real big pro now. :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Mine's the same. It's not so much a new 2017 version, though, just a simple rebranding following Hewlett-Packard splitting into the consumer-oriented HP and the enterprise-oriented HPE.

hpe.jpg

Edited by Indrek
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trig0r said:

So a new front door then, that it?

The door bezel remained the same, and all the rest. HPE emblems was added/changed. Thats all.

Actually I think that the old design was better. I like simple things. Anyhow, who cares, if it has the same hardware and specs.

Besides rebranding, are they starting to provide WS2016 support? Like a Driver/Sw ISO SPP for it?

Edited by OctavianH

57 minutes ago, OctavianH said:

Besides rebranding, are they starting to provide WS2016 support? Like a Driver/Sw ISO SPP for it?

HPE has WS 2016 drivers available here: http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7298965&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4231

Also, SPP has had WS 2016 support since version 2016.10: http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7298965&swItemId=MTX_3f6b4074ed734dc3baf007612d&swEnvOid=4231#tab-history

Edited by Indrek
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-3 at 8:51 AM, OctavianH said:

Actually I think that the old design was better.

Just taken delivery of my fourth Microserver and have to agree, the old fascia was better. purely cosmetic of course.

the Green plastic rectangle looks a bit cheap and nasty.

On 5/1/2017 at 9:23 PM, Valbel said:

The door bezel remained the same, and all the rest. HPE emblems was added/changed. Thats all.

Yeah, I think the same.

Its the original bezel, they just added an green rectangle and the "HP Microserver Gen 8" sticker over that silvery HP logo at the left bezel corner. When you remove both, you probably get the original bezel design.

Edited by DiSpLaYnAmE