RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Temp sensor 04-HD Max

Mathias

Hi Homeservshow forum, i need some help from you.

Ilo cannot detect the temp of my harddrives 2 x WDC WD10EFRX-68F

Firmware info:

Firmware Name	Firmware Version	Location
HP Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter	17.4.41	Embedded
iLO	2.50 Sep 23 2016	System Board
Intelligent Platform Abstraction Data	0.00	System Board
Intelligent Provisioning	1.63.192	System Board
Redundant System ROM	J06 11/02/2015	System Board
Server Platform Services (SPS) Firmware	2.2.0.31.2	System Board
System Programmable Logic Device	Version 0x06	System Board
System ROM	J06 11/02/2015	System Board
System ROM Bootblock	02/04/2012	System Board

I have an logical drive with the b120i, and i have installed Debian on it, i had to give debian installer the flag dmraid=true to see my logical drive else i would only see 2 drives and not the raid 1

I have installed Agentless Management Service for HP ProLiant servers with iLO4, on debian.

if i check the temp of my hard drives on Debian it will show it to me, but in ilo it just says: "not installed"

but if i go into the smart array tool F5 on boot up, and check ilo it can detect the temp of my hard drive.

Is it someting that can be fixed :)

Best regards

Mathias

This is well known deficiency of MS Gen8. If you use B120i in AHCI mode, iLo is unable to read HD max. If you switch in the BIOS to raid mode - everything will be OK. That is the reason of so called "fan speed issue" with MS Gen 8. Do search of this forum for "fan issue" for more information. Unfortunately HP officially rejected to fix this. They say "this is by design" :angry: 

Its is indeed in raid mode, but i had to do dmraid=true at debian install since i could not load the hpvsa driver from ubuntu repo, atm i'm installing centos on it insted, because i can load the rhel drivers into the installer.

When the server is booted and running Debian you can not see the drive temp in iLo?

'but if i go into the smart array tool F5 on boot up, and check ilo it can detect the temp of my hard drive' You can see the drive temp during boot by using the Smart Array tools, SSA, and it is also in iLo during boot? Just trying to clarify.

When its booted into Debian i cannot see the sensor in ilo, i tried to install the ubuntu driver for hpvsa.

When its booted into ACU(i think its called) then i can see the sensor in ilo.

It could be driver related as there is no HP approved Debian driver. It will be interested to see if your Centos load works properly.

It does work, i just finished the installation, and i can now see the sensor and the temp in ilo, the lates rhel hpvsa drivers works on the lates centos version.

I think its an combination of drivers and the dmraid i did on Debian :) 

next step is to get an raid card and get of this fakeraid :D

Edited by Mathias