strux

New MicroServer is on it's way

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I recently bumped into one HP Engineer who told me that new MicroServer is coming. He said that there will be no Gen9 (as we all know by now) but that MicroServer Gen10 is in the works. Box should visually be similar, except that it will be all in black instead of black and silver. Insides will be completely different. He didn't want to go into specifics or the timeline, but he was saying that if i need one now, I should get Gen8 as the price is great. Therefore I can conclude that it won't be released in near short term. It's not much of an info, but it's something. I thought you guys might wanna know :)

Cheers!

Edited by strux
1 person likes this

This is a wonderful new thanks

Until I see it in the flesh I'll no hold my breath, wouldnt suprise me if, even if it is in the works, that the unit gets cancelled..

I'd stick with the Gen 8. From what I understand, it may be more aligned with the Gen 7 in terms of features (like no iLo perhaps).

Thanks for this pic, I hope this led in the middle will not be eye piercing during the night. I kind of liked it at the bottom.

Doesnt look much different to the Gen8, not that it matters, its the internals that are the important bit..

Hopefully it'll still be socketted CPU, support at least 32Gb RAM, 64Gb would be nice, other than that theres not much that the Gen8 didnt give, dual GB NIC, iLo, SFF...

Be nice if the fans were also standard headers so you can swap the fans out for 3rd party units without having to dick about with rewiring stuff or controllers etc.

Thanks for this pic, I hope this led in the middle will not be eye piercing during the night. I kind of liked it at the bottom.

The green in the middle is not a led. It's a logo for HPE. Take a look at hpe.com

It is also present in the last batches of the gen8.

Ahh cool :)

Posted (edited)

I guys, unfortunately the pic included is now altered .. (Probably HPE engineers / marketing guys are reading here)

So anyone checking this thread will not see the old image with the new HP microserver (rendered image with usb ports at the bottom)

The new image shows a device ontop of the grey servers (removed now in the new) and at the right there was a new HP Microserver, also removed now from the site

servers1.jpg

it was this

https://web.archive.org/web/20170509021754im_/https://www.clearos.com/images/servers1.jpg

see the differences.

I have also another thought .. but that is an bad one: no HP microserver anymore, replaced by the device on top of the grey servers .. 

Edited by aroundmyroom