RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Gingerbeer

N40L USB 3.0 controller in BIOS

Gingerbeer

Hi all,

This is a bit of a head-scratcher..  I was messing around with my old N40L Microserver - the PSU is dead and I'm using a pico PSU with external brick, so I made a blanking plate to mount the power jack in the hole left by the missing PSU.  

Anyway, I fired it up and was idly skimming through the BIOS pages when I noticed something:

If you go to Chipset --> Onboard Peripherals Configuration, there is an option to enable an onboard NEC USB 3.0 Controller?  I can't recall ever looking in there before, so I don't know if it's there by default in the original BIOS or if it is just some weirdness thrown up by the mod BIOS.

Can anyone shed a light on this?

Cheers

GB

Edited by Gingerbeer

Joe_Miner

It's something exposed by the BIOS MOD but it doesn't work (necessary HW/chips were not mounted on MB).  You'll need to add a card for USB 3.0.

Best Regards,

• Like 1

Gingerbeer

Thanks Joe - I knew the hardware wasn't there and I thought it might be something to do with the BIOS mod, but I was beginning to wonder if there was a HP specific addon card that was managed by the BIOS.  Like the ILO card or something.

Best regards

GB