RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
awraynor

Remote Logon Help

awraynor

I have an issue with my desktop I can't quite figure out. When I try to sync my Evernote client

with their servers or authenticate my Zune software I continuously receive login errors. This also

occurred with the authenticate package with a giveawayoftheday program. I restarted my computer,

rebooted the modem, even turned off Windows Firewall, no help. All other PC's on the network work

fine. I have internet connectivity on the desktop, e-mail works fine, it's just remote

authentication issues, any ideas?

jmwills

Are these services using the same authentication account or different ones?

awraynor

They are different. One being the Zune service, Evernote, all with different login names and credentials.

I tried looking through the list of services and enabled all the ones that seemed to be related to login

or network services. Still no luck. Assumed it is unique to that computer as all other machines in the house

work fine.

Edited by awraynor

jmwills

One simple thing to try is to attempt another session and when it fails go into the Event Viewer and see what is posted there. You should get an idea. Have you recently installed any third party utilities?

awraynor

I see references to "name resolution for the name "address" in.addr.arpa timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Does this help?

awraynor

Have tried all the ipconfig commands, dns flush, uninstalling network adapters, etc. still no luck.

Don't have a clue what the problem is? Only computer on the network with a problem with these services.

awraynor

Due to the sheer irony I thought I would post the solution. After stumbling upon the fact that Chrome could access the net, but

IE couldn't I began digging into the settings. After tweaking everything under the sun, I checked for IE to automatically detect

the LAN settings. Then IE worked, Zune worked and Evernote worked, go figure.