RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
sebus05

Network ports both failed

sebus05

A couple of years old Microserver.

Rebooted & network failed

There is NOT even a mention of HP Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter in BIOS devices section to Enable/Disable

Did reset BIOS to defaults, no dice

SB_HP_Micro.png

Anybody experienced such failure?

sebus

Edited by sebus05

sebus05

Fitted spare card in free PCI-e slot & all works again. Wonder if chip failed (but there is no error of any kind) or somehow it got properly hidden & disabled in BIOS

sebus

Trig0r

Cables in the ports?

sebus05

What does cable have to do with option NON existing in BIOS?

sebus

sebus05

Will need to try:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/HP-Proliant-DL380-G5-NIC-s-not-found-after-firmware-update/m-p/6433352#M142028

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/recovering-bad-broadcom-cards.3485/

Getting firmware from here

and other file as described here:

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2014/04/25/hp_proliant_firmware_issue/#c_2170830

only now the ftp is here

This adapter is:

<nic name="HP Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter" venid="14E4" devid="165F" subvenid="103C" subdevid="2133" bootcode="1.32" bcFile="ee5720c1.32" pxe="16.0.4" pxeFile="5720NX1_pxe-16.0.4_efi-16.0.6.bin" ipmi="n/a" ipmiFile="n/a" ump="n/a" umpFile="n/a" clp="n/a" clpFile="n/a" iscsi="n/a" iscsiFile="n/a" ncsi="1.1.15" ncsiFile="nx1ncsi1.115" fcoe="n/a" fcoeFile="n/a" uefi="16.0.6" uefiFile="5720NX1_pxe-16.0.4_efi-16.0.6.bin" ccm="7.8.21" ccmFile="ccmv78.21" l2="n/a" l2File="n/a"/>

Edited by sebus05

Trig0r

I was thinking hub/switch maybe spazzing out the ports, but given that was apparently a stupid suggestion and that you have pulled the power and unplugged everything I'll leave you to it...

• Like 2

sebus05

In the time frame I had available for this, I did not manage to get any further with these disappeared network ports.

No utils were able to "see" the chip.

HPE support is totally ridiculous.

It is HOME product, so no normal user would have enterprise contract on it!

Yet they have no provisions for this product in that kind of environment

sebus

thestraychow

I have the exact same problem. Both NICS died at the same time and BIOS shows no MAC address, and no power/activity light on either- Anyone have a fix???

Gottria

Bringing up a 3 year old post. Just bought this unit and still learning, got ESXi 6.7 loaded and I get no IP address on either ports iLO shows unknown ports in the networking section with 2 mac addresses. 

schoondoggy
2 hours ago, Gottria said:

Bringing up a 3 year old post. Just bought this unit and still learning, got ESXi 6.7 loaded and I get no IP address on either ports iLO shows unknown ports in the networking section with 2 mac addresses. 

Have you updated to the latest BIOS?

There was also a firmware update for the LOM that was released in 2017.