RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New ESXI 6.5 install cant passthrough GPU

tezray

Hi,

I have built a new server to use for GPU passthrough to my TV. I bought a new motherboard a ga-z68x-ud3h-b3. Before this I was using a Dell T1600 motherboard. I installed ESXI 6.5 and WIndows 10 onto an ssd and passed my HD 7870 to the TV worked like a dream. But now I have this new motherboard I am getting an error when starting virtual machines with the GPU passed through. The error: atikmpag.sys it bsods memory dumps and restarts. This is a new install of EXSI onto a hard drive before I used a usb stick. I have enabled Virtualisation and direct io in bios and disabled the onboard graphics. I have a E3-1270v1 cpu a HD 3450 in the first pci express slot and the HD 7870 in the second slot just like before. All I needed to do was run this command to make my SSD run fast: esxcli system module set --enabled=false --module=vmw_ahci. Then pass through on the Vsphere client because it won't on the web client add to the vm and done no other configuration changes. Can anyone help with this problem please I am pulling my hair out and need this to work so I can make other changes with computers and transfer VM's to this from my other HP gen8 esxi box.

Hi Yes I enabled passthrough for the card and audio. I have now flashed the older award bios but it doesn't have a VT-D option. Argh think I have got a lemon motherboard here. I might need to Install Windows 10 and use Hyper-v but I hope not.