RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
hid3nax

Memory for Microserver Gen8

hid3nax

Trig0r, I think this was you response which I have seen confirmed as working.

I trully believe that those KTH-PL316E/8G both sticks work when installed in pair.

But have you tried installing only one stick of KTH-PL316E/8G, leaving the native 4 GB stock in place? (with this configuration, the server is supposed to have 12 GB of RAM)

Also, any ideas what memory the Microserver comes with? Is it a low-voltage memory or not? (part number of 4 GB native stick would be helpful!)

Trig0r

I'm just faffing with my new P410 at the mo, I'll drag the Gen 8 off of the shelf shortly and try it with the stock 4Gb and one of the 8Gb's..

I know the 8Gb's work on their own so see no reason why one and a 4Gb wouldnt work...

hid3nax

I'm just faffing with my new P410 at the mo, I'll drag the Gen 8 off of the shelf shortly and try it with the stock 4Gb and one of the 8Gb's..

I know the 8Gb's work on their own so see no reason why one and a 4Gb wouldnt work...

Well, you never know! :) Since RAM is a non-returnable item, I'd like to be 100% sure.

Trig0r, I'd also really appreciate if you could post the make/model of the stock 4 Gb stick..

Trig0r

I've got a few, if you grab the pn from your's I'll see if I have one with the same part number..

Trig0r

Right, got 2 here.

HP/PN: 500203-061

HP/PN: 821223-081 SPN: 823810-001

Take your pick.

hid3nax

Well, I was more interested in original part numbers from the actual manufacturer, not the HP internal/rebrand numbers. 

I mean, if the RAM is Samsung, then Samsung's numer, if Hynix then Hynix's, etc... Should be on the left side....

Trig0r

One is a Samsung double sided DIMM, the other a single sided M logo'd stick...

Will try both in a bit, got to go cut the grass and messing with the P410 in the Gen8 as well...

hid3nax

In case one stick of KTH-PL316E/8G works fine with stock 4 Gb, wil lplace the order for it and pray that it arrives...

Trig0r

Well works with the single sided 4Gb...

HP PN: 821223-081 HP SP: 823810-001 which I think was the stock stick mine came with as I got the G1610T/4Gb/500gb/Optical Drive version..

Stock sticker shows

MT9KSF51272AZ-1G6E1ZE

4GB 1Rx8 PC3L-12800E-11-13-D1

Product of China

DPAG3NA002

If your unit works with the 4Gb thats in it, theres no reason I can see why it and an 8Gb wont work together...

hid3nax

Thanks _a lot_ for confirming that!

Seems that the stock stick is 1600 MHz too.

Will be ordering the Kingston module.

Finger crossed they will be able to deliver this one...