RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Not powering on, but PSU seems fine

dominicmck

Hi all,

Standard G1610T, been fine for about 4 months. I just moved home and my server wont start up after the move. It was well packed, but damage in transit is a small possibility. Symptoms are that the power button lights don't come on, and no lights on network port either. I tested the PSU by bridging the green and black cables and the PSU fan spins up, so assuming its ok. I've double checked all the internal connectors but still no lights anywhere. Assuming the motherboard might be dead, any other checks I might have missed (hard reset, or some motion sensitive part??) Just looking for a second opinion before I try work my way through HP warranty?

Thanks,

Dom

Firstly, unplug all the cables and press the power button a few times to do the discharge.

Secondly, borrow and try different PSU. I assume it's the generic ATX connection.

If neither step does solve the problem, then it's probably something you can't fin on your own at home...

Wish you the best luck figuring this out.

Thanks both for the replies. No signs of life on the iLo port, no lights and router isnt showing and new wired device connected. I'll see if I can track down a spare PSU at work today to give that a go.

Cheers,

Dom