RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Sokoban
      By Sokoban
      Hi 
      My HP Proliant Microserver Gen 8 won't install HP Tools when I have running HP Smart Update Manager. 
      even when I have trying to install via Intelligent Provising, Windows Server 2019.

Se image below 🙂 That's I missing.. ;-(

• JackoUK
      By JackoUK
      It's that time of year again (plus or minus a few months) for Windows owners to pour out a suitable beverage, switch on the TV (say to a cricket match in Summer) and multiplex those activities with updating Windows on one's devices.
      This time round I reverted to an 'in place' upgrade using the Upgrade now button at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, wondering whether my shared folder setup would be destroyed as it had been in previous upgrades … but no, in general all went smoothly for:
      HP Microserver N36L
      HP Microserver N54L
      HP Microserver Gen8 x 2
      These are pure file servers running W10 Professional.
      The only point to note is the continued absence of the CPU usage trace on the Gen8 Task Manager graph.

• Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      Microsoft is changing the update policy for windows 10  per this article on thurrotts website

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/204359/microsoft-makes-major-changes-to-windows-10-updating

a couple of years ago, I stopped using a windows 10 homeserver because the update cycles kept breaking things

this new announcement could cause some reconsideration of this.  

Don't think I am going to replace my Qnap nas anytime soon -its been rock solid
      but if I where building a new server, would consider it.

wouldn't be hard to set up machine with a lot more capability than most NAS's without laying out 400 bucks for a windows server license

and you can use Drivepool, which I miss from my W10 server

• TonyTheTechie
      By TonyTheTechie
      I need to update the firmware on a HP Proliant Microserver Remote Access Card installed in my N40L.

Can someone please explain what I need to do to create a boot device that will update the firmware on the Remote Access Card?

Thanks

Tony Self
    • Henrik
      By Henrik
      Hi Community,

First, my specs (briefly):
      MicroServer Gen10
      AMD Opteron X3216
      Win Server 2016
      [...]

Problem:
      The Taskmanager shows only 1 CPU-core instead of 2.
      (ref. image 1)

Solutions tried:
      checked msconfig...no CPU-Limit set checked, whether other users see the same amount of CPU-cores in task-manager (ref. image-link (internal) 2)  
      Anyone out there with an idea to solve this?

Greets
      Henrik