RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

RAM for ML30 Gen9

stamster

DDR4 UDIMM's are extremely hard to find these days.... DDR4 market is just crazy ATM... so not very good period to purchase ECC memory, if you need UDIMMs like I do for ML10 Gen9.

Even Crucial is out of stock for months. Leading RAM manufacturer (Micron) but they're out of stock... oh my.

The Truth in Memory

HP does not manufacture memory! They buy from one of only three original memory module makers. Samsung, Hynix and Micron make the DRAM and assemble modules. They sell to the world’s largest system manufacturers including, HP.

https://memory.net/product/805671-b21-hp-1x-16gb-ddr4-2133-udimm-pc4-17000p-e-dual-rank-x8-replacement/

Edited by stamster
additional info

sx3

I'm scouting for a replacement for my Microserver and I have looked at ML30 as a good candidate!

But damn, thoose DIMM's are bloody expensive :o There are plenty of dealers in Sweden stocking them, but at 200£/16Gb stick this is is going to be an expensive story..

Have they always been this expensive? How long does it usually take until prices consolidate with market and drops a bit?

Edited by sx3

schoondoggy
I'm scouting for a replacement for my Microserver and I have looked at ML30 as a good candidate!
But damn, thoose DIMM's are bloody expensive  There are plenty of dealers in Sweden stocking them, but at 200£/16Gb stick this is is going to be an expensive story..

Have they always been this expensive? How long does it usually take until prices consolidate with market and drops a bit?
There is a shortage of DRAM and Flash memory chips. That is causing memory modules and SSD/NVMe to be in short supply and expensive.
  • Thanks 1

Ikon-TNG

well, that sucks, 'specially with Christmas right around the corner.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Himaro
      By Himaro
      So I'm trying to replace my ageing HP Proliant Microserver N54L. It's used as a general dogs body server, running Blue Iris, Plex and as my NAS server.
      I'm on a pretty tight budget but the poor server is always at 90% + CPU because of the CCTV and I'm looking at adding a second camera soon.
      Is there such a thing as a reasonably priced ECC home server build?
      My MVP is 8GB ECC memory, with 4 threads on the CPU. 
      I'd prefer a small form factor but that's like gold dust unless you throw a lot of $$££€€ at it. I've got to get this past my partner you see 😅
      Any ideas? I'm not loyal to any particular brand, so long as it works.
    • Orion
      By Orion
      I am building a Ryzen machine. Using the new Ryzen 7. What is the best ram to use. Obviously ddr4. And recommendations on brand and size
    • 50pence
      By 50pence
      Apologies if posted before but a weird one I’m hoping someone can help me figure out (probably bought the wrong ram! 😒)

Stock Gen8 with Celeron G1610T CPU & 4GB RAM (
      Upgraded to
      e3-1256L v2 with 65w HP Heatsink
      Offtek 16GB (2 x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz 2R x8 ECC 

Offtek ram was bought sometime ago and registered fine in bios with the celeron.

Since upgrade of cpu & heatsink - the RAM slot closest to heatsink just doesn’t want to work. Tried swapping ram modules around. Single slots used. The slot furthest away from heatsink seems to work fine with all ram modules.

See pictures of failures and ram used. 

The bios jut seems to loop around at 30% when Any ideas??

• juan3211
      By juan3211
      HI, I have purchased a GEN 10 microserver (version CPU AMD Opteron X3216 / 1.6 GHz with 8 Gb RAM). 

I have installed Server 2016 Standard (two hard disk: 2Tb and 4Tb RED) but I have a problem with memory.

In windows server it says: 8 Gb RAM (6,96 GB available). 

I have:
      install video driver from HP web page uninstall it and leave the basic default driver check all BIOS option to search for a option for the shared video card memory.  (I haven't found anything)  
      So no luck.

Does any body knows how to increase the available RAM ?

Regards,