RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

RAM for ML30 Gen9

Joe_Miner

Anyone found good deals for RAM for the ML30 Gen9?

This is what I'm seeing for requirements in the QuickSpecs 

HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server QuickSpecs http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04834998&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&searchquery=&cc=us&lc=en

Capture13_zpsbw1rk1ua.jpg

Capture18_zpsp0dg39pm.jpg

Capture17_zpseh5d8tm4.jpg

Capture19_zpsudvv5lay.jpg

Edited by Joe_Miner

jmwills

Never heard of them, but I think you would be a great test case. <_<

• Like 1

schoondoggy

Joe_Miner

I was looking at the Memory selector at Kingston and got  KTH-PL421E/16G for $158 at both

Newegg https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820242300&cm_re=KTH-PL421E%2f16G-_-20-242-300-_-Product 

and Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FSUJAAW?tag=wwwkingstonco-20

But they seem to have the same specs as the Value-RAM that you linked to KVR21E15D8/16

What's the difference between the value-RAM and what the Memory selector gave?  I remember a discussion about this after the last meet-up but it may have been after some beer :) I know I've gotten the value RAM before for my ML10v2 and it worked great .......

Wasn't it just something like more testing/tighter specs to work with specific Server brands -- though ValueRAM meets minimum specs as far as I can tell -- the ValueRAM selector page at Kingston seems oriented towards WhiteBox builds https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/valueram 

Where Kingston states:

Memory Specifically Designed and Tested to Meet Industry Standards

Kingston® ValueRAM® is purchased by customers who know the exact technical specifications of the memory they need. ValueRAM memory is fully compliant with JEDEC Specifications and is 100-percent tested and backed by a lifetime warranty.

Edited by Joe_Miner

Joe_Miner

BIG Thanks to Schoondoggy!

IT WORKS!  64GB up and running NOW!! In ML30 Gen9

KVR21E15D8/16

Edited by Joe_Miner
  • Like 1

naveen

Hi there,

RAM for ML30 Gen9 is available at server rental at affordable price with good services. Here if you want complete ML30 Gen9 server then you can pick from here.

j.a.duke
On 3/16/2017 at 4:06 PM, Joe_Miner said:

I've use DMS for years.  I purchase 99.9% of my memory from them.  When I have the very rare issue with bad RAM, they ship out the replacement and return label at their expense.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

Cheers,
Jon

snapper

I have a pair of Crucial CT16G4WFD8213 16gb sticks in mine (plus the stock 4gb) - works fine :)