RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ubiquiti AC Pro and AC Lite Access Points Reviewed by SNB

itGeeks

Wow. Everyone talks like it's nirvana .

Maybe for a large homes dedicated router and Google wifi (in AP mesh mode) fixes all ills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad it was all just about speed. In the real world, AP stability in handling multiple clients is equally important. Many consumer APs would start to croak when it has 12-15 and more clients associated with it. You could have full scale RF, but there's hardly any traffic going through because the AP couldn't handle it.

Don't get me wrong... loved the review. However, it only covered one aspect of WiFi performance.

Too bad it was all just about speed. In the real world, AP stability in handling multiple clients is equally important. Many consumer APs would start to croak when it has 12-15 and more clients associated with it. You could have full scale RF, but there's hardly any traffic going through because the AP couldn't handle it.

Don't get me wrong... loved the review. However, it only covered one aspect of WiFi performance.

Agreed; my Sophos AP100 will outperform my Ubiquiti AC-PRO line of sight, but once a drywall is between the AP and the client, the Ubiquiti had better throughput.

Raw speed in a controlled environment isn't everything; need to check out real-world scenarios as well...

On amazon the lite and pro are the Same price. So no reason to get the lite right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive had the ac-lites previously (and AC-LR) and they are very capable APs

but if the ac-pros are the same price, then thats a no-brainer! 

I'm interested in how the various versions are actually working when it comes to seamless handoffs. there are multiple methods/standards discussed and differences between AC and previous versions.

so anyone used the old 'pro' and relied on the 'minimum rssi' method for that? or the version where each AP has the same RF channel to allow the soft handoff?

and a comparison to new AC versions relative to the old would be of interest at least to me :)