RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ubiquiti is trying to work with Apple on WiFi issues

schoondoggy

I do not own any Apple products, but I seem to help friends with Apple WiFi issues often. In general, Apple devices seem to exhibit odd behavior with band steering or a lack of band steering, switching between 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz or switching from WAP to WAP. The latest Macbook Pro seems to have this issue, even with Apple Airport Extreme. Nice to see someone trying to address the issue:

ASDmSp.png

Like you I seem to find myself helping family and friends with Apple WiFi trouble, It is my understanding that Apple does some things in a none standard way and that's y all the problems. Hopefully this is a sign of a new begging for Apple WiFi.

• Like 1

Yup Basically you are correct itGeeks, and the standard Apple response (going back half a dozen years here) was "go buy our wireless access points" which is not an option when they do not support RADIUS or PoE etc, and all because their shit does not like standards. Had major issues with 802.11R a few years back with the Apple devices as well. My response was to pack up our fleet of MacBooks and ship them back to Apple, replacing then with Windows devices (Acer AO753's Damn they were good devices)

I wish Ubiquiti good luck with getting anything out of Apple.

And yes I am an Apple user, and I do have the "mortgage your house edition" of the new MBP but this is due to having to support clients with Apple devices and Apple-predominate infrastructure and therefore being easier with Apple devices, which to do legally which is importatnt considering it is business requires a Apple product.

Ubiquiti seem to be trying their best; I have had connect issues with my MBP and the AC-PRO radios.

Mentioned it in the forum and they have shipped me some brand new APs to try, even though the original were out of warranty and still worked OK...

Not often you get that level of service; even though its likely to be an Apple issue...