RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
FinsUpDNC

Surface powered by Windows Cloud Edition

FinsUpDNC

A.K.A WIndowsRT

I am still here for this.  Still don't think they have the app ecosystem to pull this off, but at least this would launch with a proper non desktop version of office.  Still believe this is the future of computing for 90% of users (still years away), but they need to get skin back in this game.  

I use my iPad with a keyboard now how I always hoped to use my SurfaceRT.  The Microsoft apps have become best in class on iOS including the new Microsoft Teams.  Hard to imagine Microsoft won't try and do something like this again.  

Anyone else still want an RT like tablet?

Trig0r

I still have my RT, granted I dont use it anymore as a friends old man does, but it does have a place, all it made me realise though is I wanted a Pro, then a Pro2, now the Pro3...

When I can get a proper Cloud iso I'll have a proper play with it, and might even roll it out at work given all of our stuff is done RDP style..

Dave

Funny thing happened during conversion of SG Forums to this forum.  I sat in the floor with large print outs of the three forums along with a Surface 2.  I planned the whole thing with that RT bad boy!  Ok, back to your post Darren.

Trig0r

Depending on what you use it for RT had its place, as does Cloud, think of the added security of not having to worry about users installing somecraporothe.exe (although there are ways to get around the Store only install stuff..