RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Leviton vs Lutron Sensor

Prime1489090444

I have home office and I currently using the the Leviton in wall Occupancy Detector. I always have to wave my hands to turn it back on. It doesn't detect small motion like typing. I am looking for a product that will detect small fine motion like typing. The line of sight from the wall switch is not obstructed. 

I know Lutron now offers the XCT Technology. Maestro Occupancy/vacancy sensor switches have either Passive infrared (PIR) or dual-technology sensing models. The dual technology sensing models is the better option for me since it provides help with fine motion, very fine motion, minor motion and major motion.

So my question is, does anyone have any experience with the XCT technology (Dual technology) vs Leviton - OSSMT-MDW -MultiiTech Occupancy Sensor Wall Switch - 120/277V?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Big Tree
      By Big Tree
      Hey all,

I'm putting together a plan to outfit my home as a smart home.  I want to do this for a couple of reasons.  First of all, I am an electrician and I'd like to make smart technology more a part of my business, as no one in my community does it.  Second, I love smart technology and I want it!  I'm looking for suggestions and tips as to what is going to be the best to not only outfit my home with, but is good to sell in a lower income market (nothing like crestron or control 4). 

I think the essential things to put in to make a home smart would be heating control, lighting control, door control, as well as some control to bring them all together.  Here are my current thoughts, and I'd love to hear what any of you think about these things.

Lighting - Lutron Caseta - I'm a RadioRa2 installer, but I don't have the money to put that into my house, so the next best thing for me is Caseta.  I already have Caseta switches in my home and I love them.  I sell them quite often already and I think Lutron is fantastic.

Heating - Ecobee - I like ecobee in theory because they aren't nest.  Even though I'm a Nest Pro, I just have always liked the look and sound of Ecobee.  Am I completely off my rocker for thinking that?

Door Control - August Lock with Ring Doorbell - Seems like these are the best things out there right now, but this is a category that I know very little about.

Central Control - I use Apple right now, so HomeKit seems to make sense, but I think I'd like to use voice control and so the Echo seems like a good product for that.  Would a Google Home be better?  Again, don't have much knowledge of this section yet.

Finally, I currently have an old Apple router, one of the old airport extremes, and I don't know if I should be thinking of upgrading my router in this process.

Thanks for reading my post, thanks for any input you give.