RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Looking for z-wave thermal gauge.

pwarren

Hello,

I am looking for a z-wave based temperature gauge that I can put on output and the return feeds to my water heater.  I would like to measure and monitor these temperatures with a Vera Plus hub.  

Is anyone aware of a z-wave based temp gauge that will work?

Thanks.

Interesting idea.  I don't think I have heard of such a device.  What you are describing is a remote temperature monitor.  While some of the devices have temperature monitoring built in, I don't think I have seen anything that is specifically designed to monitor like you describe.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• csadam
      By csadam
      Does anybody know exactly where is the 11-PCI 1 Zone  temp sensor on the motherboard?
    • okepi_malin
      By okepi_malin
      Hi everybody.
      I have a Gen8 G1610T since 2 years and I am very happy with it. I use it to only host my Plex Server with 3*2Tb drives.
      I bought for a cheap price (40€) a Xeon E3-1220v2 and I have question about it. I have read Elvisdk's topic about temperature with G1610T default heatsink on 1220v2 and I wonder if play (and transcode) 1080p movies with 4 cores enable will be ok or too hot ? Did I must enable only 2 cores to be safe ?
      I cannot compare Elvisdk's temperature with wPrime burnt with the temperatures generated by Plex because I don't know them with a E3-1220v2...

Thanks for your feedback.
    • artiom
      By artiom
      Hi all!

As the current's Microserver G8 capabilities are not enough for me anymore (mostly limited RAM), I am investigating possible solutions.
      One solution can be to use rack-mounted servers.

Can you please share your experiences about using rack servers in home environment?

Let's discuss these topics:

1. What hardware you used and what was the energy consumption.
      2. What enclosures were used - open rack, a closed cabinet, etc.
      3. How the cooling was managed.
      4. Where is the best place for it? Garage? Loft?
      5. How it can be protected from dust (in a garage or loft)?
      6. How it can be protected from high humidity?

Any input is appreciated
      Thank you!

P.S.: I am not sure if this is the right place for the topic - please move it elsewhere if needed.