Does anybody know exactly where is the 11-PCI 1 Zone temp sensor on the motherboard?
I have a Gen8 G1610T since 2 years and I am very happy with it. I use it to only host my Plex Server with 3*2Tb drives.
I bought for a cheap price (40€) a Xeon E3-1220v2 and I have question about it. I have read Elvisdk's topic about temperature with G1610T default heatsink on 1220v2 and I wonder if play (and transcode) 1080p movies with 4 cores enable will be ok or too hot ? Did I must enable only 2 cores to be safe ?
I cannot compare Elvisdk's temperature with wPrime burnt with the temperatures generated by Plex because I don't know them with a E3-1220v2...
Thanks for your feedback.
As the current's Microserver G8 capabilities are not enough for me anymore (mostly limited RAM), I am investigating possible solutions.
One solution can be to use rack-mounted servers.
Can you please share your experiences about using rack servers in home environment?
Let's discuss these topics:
1. What hardware you used and what was the energy consumption.
2. What enclosures were used - open rack, a closed cabinet, etc.
3. How the cooling was managed.
4. Where is the best place for it? Garage? Loft?
5. How it can be protected from dust (in a garage or loft)?
6. How it can be protected from high humidity?
Any input is appreciated
P.S.: I am not sure if this is the right place for the topic - please move it elsewhere if needed.