RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Advice needed for single switch many light room with programmable scenes

I'm just starting to do research in Home Automation for an upcoming DIY lighting project. I have a large living room (32' x 15') that has one dimmable light fixture. I want to install can lights and possibly other accent lights to the room and will most likely just tap off the existing light fixture. So I'm thinking 10+ lights tied into one light fixture. I'm guessing this violates code but since I plan on only using LED lights I'm not worried about exceeding wire ratings or tripping a breaker. However, one switch / many lights doesn't allow for much lighting flexibility.

Smart light bulbs appear to be what I want in that I can create any number of scenes but I don't want to be forced to make my kids and wife have to use an iPad / iPhone / voice command device to control the lights. Is there a smart switch that can replace my dimmer switch that can turn the lights on / off / in between and have some preset scenes?

I'm looking for cost effective approaches due to the number of light fixtures in the room. Currently I have a Nest thermostat and mostly Apple devices so it would be nice to use devices that play nice in that environment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1