RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Keeping two light switches in sync without a hub

franksmartin

franksmartin

Hi does anyone know of a way to keep two light switches in sync (one goes off/on and the other goes off/on).  I don't have or want a full HA hub, but just switches that will talk to each other wirelessly (likely via bluetooth)

Thanks in advance.

franksmartin

Thanks that wireless option is interesting but not what I need.  I need one switch to control another switch. I have a pantry with a ceiling light and also under-cabinet lights. The undercabinet lights have their own switch but it is blocked by small counter appliances like a coffee maker and toaster oven.  So I want the undercabinet lights to turn on and off with the ceiling light for the pantry. Its hard to modify the wiring due to tiles on the wall..

This is very easy to do with two Insteon switches.  One switch is actually wired to control the lights, the other just gets wired to power the switch and you make each of them a controller/responder to the other. They work over both powerline and RF - no hubs required.

franksmartin

That sounds promising, is there a specific Insteon model that is needed to accomplish this?  I prefer a paddle style to fit in with the rest of the house.