RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
davedolphin

Iris V2 and Ecolink Contact Sensor

davedolphin

Does anyone have any experience with Iris V2 and the Ecolink contact sensor? It's not a supported device, but it will pair with the Iris hub. The reason I like these sensors over the Iris official sensors, is that the Ecolink sensors have a small terminal block that you can use to wire the sensors into the existing zones of a wired alarm system (think the old ADT systems). So instead of having to purchase 15+ sensors for all my doors and windows, I have four sensors that cover the four existing zones. I've gotten this to work like a champ. Here's a link to the sensors I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJMD2FA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's my question: has anyone had any experience with these sensors and assigning them in the settings to be a door sensor or a window sensor? When I select the device and go to settings, I get the menu that asks me to choose door, window or other. But when I select it, it doesn't change. It stays at "unknown."

Again, it's an unsupported device, so I'm probably out of luck. But I thought I'd check to see if anyone else is trying to attempt what I'm trying to do.