RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

I'm finally in the thermostat club! Ecobee3

Dave

I received my ecobee3 today.  I haven't had a chance to even get it out of the box but I have it and I'm super excited to get it installed.

Dave

I did a small unbox video and got the baseplate installed. I had to move on to other things so didn't get to finish! Will finish and get you guys a youtube of the process.  So far, so good!

cskenney

You putting this in your new HQ?  You have multiple zones in that place?  I keep hearing these thermostats are great but I have to admit I haven't been paying that close attention to them.

I wouldn't mind a thermostat that I can use ST to turn on my fan to circulate air for 10 minutes every hour.  This would be better then my current method of running the blower all the time to circulate (and filter) air to keep my house at a more consistent temp especially when the AC isn't needed to actually cool.  Is this possible with this thermostat?

Eric1489090443

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I think I can answer your question. 

You can definitely set a preferred minimum run time for your fan with the Ecobee3. 

If you want to get more detailed than just randomly turning on the fan for x minutes, there is a thread on the ST forums where someone has done exactly that. I haven't used it, but the smartapp creator claims it can be used to turn on the fan until the temperature difference between given sensors is below a certain user configured number.

• Like 1

cskenney

And now it looks like I am going to have to buy an Ecobee3 (or 2 for my 2 zones).

Dave

LOL

Nice reply Eric.  I visited the site. Maybe we can work together.

cskenney

Since someone tweeted that the Ecobee 3 is now available for less than $200 I had to order one.  Should be here Thursday so it looks like I will have a project for next weekend.  I probably will end up with a 2nd one for my basement zone but laying out $400 is a big expense.  I need to make sure I am going to like the first one before I invest in the 2nd one.

Dave

I installed my second one yesterday.  It went so fast.  I had it on the wall and running in about 5 minutes. It was exactly like my first install so no surprises.  I also think I have figured out all my issues with sensors.  The app has a LOT of info and configuration to it.  It also has a web portal which i have not had the time to check out.  I think you will be ok with it.  I like mine.