RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ring Video Doorbell Pro 1.85" Wide 1080p $249

Dave

Ring, the popular video doorbell maker, has announced Ring Video Doorbell Pro and it's available for pre-order at $249.  I think this unit will solve a lot of problems for home owners that have limited space for the larger doorbell of 2.43 inches.  It also comes with all the colors so you don't have to choose one up front. 1080p, night vision, 160 degrees of view, and two way audio.  That is if you have the wiring. You have to hard wire this one to your existing doorbell wiring where the previous version could stand on its own.  Have a look and pre-order now!

https://ring.com/pro

doorbell_pro.png?1458123224

I have Vivint for my home security and love the doorbell that comes with it. Ring appears to be copying it's feature set, though I don't know which is the chicken and the egg.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I love what the Ring Doorbell does, but not thrilled that it doesn't even offer the ability to plug it into the network via cat5/6.  Is there anything similar available that does hardware into the network.  I am doing a major remodel our lake house, and I ran new wire for the doorbell and also a cat6 drop to that location.