RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dewain27

Will there be a return of the web portal?

Dewain27

I can tell you that this was not the plan when the V2 system of Iris launched.  The plan was to go strictly app-based.

This was very disconcerning to V1 owners as they really only had the web portal before, assuming you don't count the limited functionality in the iPhone Client.

Well, Ladies and Gentalmen and kids of all ages.... Our cries have been answered.

Through numerous channels I can confirm that I am hearing that the Web Portal will return to its place in glory!  I am not real sure on the date yet, but it sounds like it will be in the next few months.  Let's all hope and pray that this happens soon.  I know many V1 owners out there are desperate to get this and maybe this is the thing keeping you from making the jump to V2.

See, your opinion does mater and posting your wants here can result in progress.... Now to get texting back on the roadmap  :D

• Like 2

rick6633

It's now May 1, 2016.  Still no web based Iris application.  Basically nothing except "sundown, sunrise" feature is back.  When you ask support anything remotely close to ANY time line they freeze up.  Any more ideas??  Even an explanation would help.  What the heck are they doing at the IRIS workshop?

• Like 1

rick6633

Does anyone have an update regarding this question?  Lowes really seems to lack the ability to communicate with it's customers.  Right now you can try calling the tech line but beware you will be on hold for a long time and the techs will probably have more questions than you.  :-(

• Like 1

ThePurpleWing

I've seen this before with companies, you can't, or won't, fulfill the news of your customer so you string them along with empty promises. They produced a list of promises to reach parity with V1 but, as already mentioned, the only thing we have seen is sunrise/sunset.

I have right at $3k invested in my system and have close to another $1k already bought but not installed and I have seriously questioned if we will ever reach anything close to parity. The web UI is a big deal for many of us and they can't seem to get it completed.

It makes me wonder who is developing this, looking at the app, it lacks so much. I'm sure the UI will be as dull and unimaginative.

• Like 1