RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
kruuth

Shuffling papers for my uncle

kruuth

HI guys.  This is my first post so please forgive my ignorance. 

Here's my problem:

My uncle is a quadriplegic with limited use of his fingers and pints periodically.  What I'd like to do would be to get a sheet of paper out of his printer so that it was upright.  We made a little upright hopper that sits in front of the printer but we could move it.  Is there a simple way to do this.  I was thinking some sort of sensor sitting on the tray that then pivots the paper up.  Is there some documentation on this?

schoondoggy

What model printer is it?

I am not quite following what you are trying to achieve.. Can you post a picture of what you have or a drawing of what you want?

kruuth

Let me try to draw it out.  It's an HP laser printer if that helps.

kruuth

Still drawing...ideally what I am trying to do is get the sheet of paper that is flat in the printer where the paper is deposited, and then get it upright into this holder at the front of the printer.

schoondoggy

Is this so your uncle can read it without having to pick it up and flip it over?

kruuth

Yes....his problem is pulling the paper out of the tray...if it's upright he can grab it easily.

schoondoggy

What model is the HP laser printer?

kruuth

Right now it's an older laserjet but I think he's getting a larger sharp printer.

schoondoggy

This is probably taking you in the wrong direction as it is a old printer, but I think it does exactly what you are looking for. The HP LJ5L printers delivered the printed page to a straight up tray. They could also drop the print out of the bottom front of the printer so it could drop into a tray.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-bpl04109

The 6L had the same features.