RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Using SmartThings HUB with my current 2GIG GoControl Alarm Panel?

itGeeks

Boy I feel like I just turned on my very first computer back in 1990 when trying to deal with home automation :(

OK so I been looking at SmartThings for awhile now and I think I would like to try it out but I have a problem in that it needs to work with the Z-Wave support in my 2GIG GoControle security system. What I have now is 2 Yale Real Living deadbolts, These locks have Z-Wave support built in and I have them paired with my security system what that allows me to do is for instance is when one of us come home and either use our key fobs or enter the lock code on the door locks this turns off the alarm and unlocks the door. The other scenario is when someone leaves and locks the door the security system automatically arms. This type of integration with my alarm panel I don't want to loose. The reason I am looking at SmartThings is the rule-set for Z-Wave on my alarm system is very basic and I would like to do more with home automation such as adding 'presence sensors' to unlock the door but when the door unlocks it also needs to disarm the security system like it does now. I sure do wish there was a way to pair Z-Wave sensors to more then one hub but my findings & testing shows you can't.

So now for my questions, Can I somehow integrate the SmartThings hub to work with my 2GIG GoControle security system so I can expand my rule-set for Z-Wave devices? Or can you give me any advice on how to make these two system work together??

Thanks

schoondoggy

Searches on 2GIG GoControl at SmartThing sounds like there is no connectivity available and you can not pair Z-Wave devices to more than one host. You could look at setting up other ways of triggering actions with SmartThings, either by using your phone as a presence sensor or using a ST presence sensor. You could also look at door sensors as a trigger or the micro buttons.

itGeeks

Searches on 2GIG GoControl at SmartThing sounds like there is no connectivity available and you can not pair Z-Wave devices to more than one host. You could look at setting up other ways of triggering actions with SmartThings, either by using your phone as a presence sensor or using a ST presence sensor. You could also look at door sensors as a trigger or the micro buttons.

Kevin as always thank you for taking the time. Unfortunately the Yale Z-Wave locks are the glue to the system and if I loose any integration with the alarm panel there goes the problem I solved with the system. I really wish you could pair Z-Wave devices with more then one device as that would solve things like this. Let me give you a bit of a rundown of what problem I had before putting my system together. We run a very active household as many do and people would leave and forget to lock the doors or they would lock the doors and forget to alarm the security system or when they come home late at night they would forget to use there key fobs to disarm the alarm before opening the door and that would sound the buzzer on all the keypads with the entry warning and that would wake people up so now with this system I designed none of this happens anymore because of the Yale locks, Let me explain below.

What happens now is when people leave and forget to lock the door the Yale locks automatically lock after 5 minutes at the same time if the alarm is not armed when the locks lock the alarm is armed now when someone comes home late at night and either uses there key-fob or enters the code into the door lock to enter the home it disarms the alarm so no more waking up to sounding buzzers on the keypads then after they enter if they forget to lock the door and activate the alarm the locks auto re-lock and the alarm is set. This system has saved me a great deal of stress and is working grate however the rule-set for Z-Wave is limited with my alarm panel and I would like to expand the home automation part with such things like presence sensors so when we walk up to the door the door unlocks and the alarm is disabled lights turn on ect. I guess this is just not possible when trying to integrate an alarm panel with another Z-Wave hub.

Thanks ageain