cscompton

Iris v2 Sensors on Smartthings

2 posts in this topic

Hi..i am new to this forum. I recently started working on homeautomation. I want to learn more and more about this field.

I know sensors are the most important part of this field. They have to handle very carefully i think.

Can you please tell me about your V2 sensor? What is it? What are its specifications and applications?

Edited by Dave
Link removed. Suspected SPAM!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• RCoop
      By RCoop
      Hi,

We’re working on a thermostat built around a network of wireless battery-powered sensors.  We just launched a Kickstarter and have been getting a lot of requests to integrate with SmartThings (and some votes for Ninja Sphere as well). We’d like to know if providing just our temp/humidity/motion sensor is valuable as a standalone Thing, separate from the full functionality of our system. What do you think?

• Dave
      By Dave
      I've been given a green light to start a SmartThings install and I thought I would open it up to you guys to pick out all the "things."

Here is what I have in the house:

Alarm system that is not on a service.  We use it for night time safety only. It has sensors only on the doors otherwise, glass breakage sensors are throughout the house.  
      Three IP cameras. Nothing fancy, two D-Link 932L's and a Foscam PTZ.  Using iSpy software on a Windows Home Server.

I would like to:

Emulate the alarm system. I wonder if the glass sensors can be used with the relay module? https://shop.smartthings.com/#/products/evolve-lfm-20-fixture-module
      Cameras. I would like to get more cameras and be able to integrate them into the system somehow. iSpy software has a lot of options but the remote viewing is not polished.
      I would like to use and Android phone and possibly an iPad.  I also use a Surface RT to monitor the cameras. If there was any way to export web modules to build your own website that would be awesome.

My Things:

Hub
      Leak detector
      door lock
      a couple of presence sensors
      a pack of multi sensors
      relays for garage doors * 3

So, what do you think and what would your build look like?
    • cskenney
      By cskenney
      Anyone used any z-wave light switches to turn on / off outdoor lighting?  I have lights on my garage and front porch that use flourescent bulbs.  They are controlled by a light switch in my front hallway of the house.  I would like them to turn on at dusk and then turn off at a pre-determined time (say 11pm).

Anyone have any experience doing this?  I need to use a switch that integrates to Smartthings.  The lights outside are hardwired and use a special base (they are not screw in bulbs).
    • cskenney
      By cskenney
      SmartThings tweeted out this Amazon Lightning deal.  Get the ST-SK-001 Know and Control Your Home Kit for $239.20 (normally $299).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EORV53G/ref=gb1h_img_c-2_1842_a639f83a?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=0GFQ7YQGS0CK1AVMQG8Z&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1725241842

Only available 11am EDT to 3pm EDT today.
    • twack
      By twack
      My name is Todd and I'm a Hacker/Maker (Hardware/Software) of SmartThings. I saw the podcast last night which pointed me here, so I though I'd stop by and help get things rolling.

My twitter handle is @wackware, and my email is twack.....at.....wackware...dot...net.

I'll stop by here as often as I can. but you'll typically find me on the smartthings forums for sure. I'm looking forward to helping you guys out as much as I can. "Let's get this party started!" as they say.

Happy Hacking!
      Twack