RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

motor issue

aharmon52FL

good day guys,

Im planning to get a motor but cant opt between baldor and leeson so Id figure I would ask

here:

Single HP

1725 or 1800 RPM

Three Phase

TEFC preferred

56C frame size

Is just one of the brand names desired regarding a smaller motor? Ill be shipping this to my

place back home, when I come home so Id most likely order online.

Thanks 

bump

so Ive decided to go with the baldor

https://www.mrosupply.com/motors/ac-motors/general-purpose-motors/26523_vm3546_baldor/

the WEG option I found is cheaper actually, and Im told they deal better with humidity because they are made in Brazil

https://www.mrosupply.com/motors/ac-motors/general-purpose-motors/1311213_00118es3ed56cfl_weg/

Thats the cheapest place I found it online, the local distributor they sent me to quoted me more than $100.  So Im thinking about rolling the dice any buying it on the web.

If anyone has any experience buying motors online, any tips, tricks etc - Id love to hear!

Im going to use a VFD with a single phase input and three phase output - that way I can vary the speed because Im going to need to make adjustments according to the frame rate of the camera and software I program.

What I want to do is make a 360 camera like I belive the google cars currently employ.  Its going to be on my roof (I wish to be disguised as a wind directional rooster) spinning so that I can make a real time 360 degree image.

The motors that I picked out arent waterproof, do you think they will be OK on my roof if they get rained on?

• 1 month later...