RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

uStream Results for Show #114

jcollison

Video Feed?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you "watch" the HSS live if we provided a video feed?

• Yes
    • No - guys faces scare me
    • No - my internet connection is metered or bw is bad
    • No - I don't listen to the show live

Tuesday night's show set records in many ways! One of them was the elusive 50 unique viewers we have been working on for the last two months on the uStream. Tuesday night's podcast drew 86 unique viewer for the show and smashed through the 50 we were shooting for. Congrats to the team and to you the listeners. Couldn't have done it without your support.

As promised, we will start working on a live video feed. Been looking at it for sometime now and it's a fairly difficult and bw consuming adventure. We will have to do some tests before we commit to going live. Will keep you posted

Congrats ustreamers! Having you guys there live makes it fun and interesting. Sometimes you throw me off my game because I get so caught up in the chat!

I think it'd be interesting as an experiment, but ustream seems to have enough difficulties with the audio...

Actually, the audio today comes via Skype through uStream. Skpye is what gives us fits at times.

Actually, the audio today comes via Skype through uStream. Skpye is what gives us fits at times.

Do you mean for the podcast or for the ustream audience? I was referring to the ustream audience.. I made it about halfway through last night's show before giving up.. I was completely interested in the discussion, but it eventually got to the point where I couldn't follow the conversation...

Do you mean for the podcast or for the ustream audience? I was referring to the ustream audience.. I made it about halfway through last night's show before giving up.. I was completely interested in the discussion, but it eventually got to the point where I couldn't follow the conversation...

Because of the sound quality? What kinds of problems where you having?

Because of the sound quality? What kinds of problems where you having?

I think the problem may have been on his end. I know my internet connection is really poor right now and I had to kick my wife off so she wouldn't interrupt the audio. With her off I had no problems. I think that means the internet traffic on his end (or the routing) may have been causing problems.

It would be good to hear from others. Wish there was some kind of live feedback I could get during the show. I'll have to invent that feature.

I think the problem may have been on his end. I know my internet connection is really poor right now and I had to kick my wife off so she wouldn't interrupt the audio. With her off I had no problems. I think that means the internet traffic on his end (or the routing) may have been causing problems.

What in the world would did you say to your wife? Mine would just stare at me in disbelief and would remind me of the many "free wi-fi" hotels that are here in Phoenix. (all in jest I assure you)

I would like to the see a video stream going as long as the audio didn't suffer for the rest of the guys.