RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Amazon Echo Owners Forum

Dave

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to create a post for other Echo owners to jump in and let everyone know what your status is.

I ordered mine on January 5th. (i think) I received it on April 17th. 

What is your status?

cscompton

I received mine January 30th (perk of living next to an Amazon center?), now that they are open to the public I've debating ordering a 2nd one for upstairs. I really would like to find out if Amazon has 'multi-zone' support in the works a la Sonos.

I really like the integration with Phillips Hue, Belink, and Wink.  My kids love telling Alexa to turn off the lights.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I received mine January 30th (perk of living next to an Amazon center?), now that they are open to the public I've debating ordering a 2nd one for upstairs. I really would like to find out if Amazon has 'multi-zone' support in the works a la Sonos.

I really like the integration with Phillips Hue, Belink, and Wink. My kids love telling Alexa to turn off the lights.

Does it work with smart things devices or some amazon proprietary only.

cscompton

It does not work with SmartThings (yet) at this time, it communicates with those devices using their API's communicating over IP (wifi) to their perspective hubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdinunzio

Cannot connect, progress bar to connect to WiFi goes half way then stops...made changes, same prob

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jagowar

I have an echo and am going to start building out my home automation system based completely on echo.  Echo really should get its own forum.  I am only interested in products that work natively with echo and right now and am looking at the belkin wemo products but still debating between them and smartthings.

WinkHound

Hi all. I'm a new member with a Wink Hub, Amazon Echo, several GE lights and a Schlage lock. We love the Echo, but I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the Wink system. Looking forward to learning more on the forum.

What's your favorite feature of the Echo? Mine certainly has been controlling our lights, especially when I have my hands full with 2 little kids. My 4 year old loves to ask Alexa to tell him a joke. ;)

zibaji

I got mine from Vivint home security and is part of my system but never used. Thinking of selling it.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I got mine from Vivint home security and is part of my system but never used. Thinking of selling it.

Is there integration between the echo and Vivint. If yes I may have to get an echo.

• Like 1

zibaji

Yes it is! They come and set it up too