RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Give new life to WHS v1

geek-accountant

OK, since it looks like I will be holding onto v1 for a good bit longer, I need to address a few issues I have been having with my current system.

My system is a home built system with 12tb of storage (10 drives), AMD Athlon dual core 2.3ghz and 4gig of ram.

A while back I started having problems with the system crashing all the time. I ending up replacing the system drive following the directions from diehard and that worked great. However, some of those issues are starting to come back. The system doesn't crash anymore, but the console sometimes will and I am getting warnings and errors in the Event viewer. Plus, this morning I get a warning that my C drive is low on space, WTF?

Here are some of the warnings and errors(not sure what some of these mean):

Warnings:

Exception occurred: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfts.dll" for the "TermService" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

Errors:

Failed to start with exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at WHSEventAlertService.WHSEventAlertService.ProcessConfig() in H:\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WHSEventMonitorService\EventAlertService\ServiceMain.cs:line 150

at WHSEventAlertService.WHSEventAlertService.OnStart(String[] args) in H:\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WHSEventMonitorService\EventAlertService\ServiceMain.cs:line 68

Exception processing config.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at WHSEventAlertService.WHSEventAlertService.ProcessConfig() in H:\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WHSEventMonitorService\EventAlertService\ServiceMain.cs:line 98

MS DTC Tracing infrastructure : the initialization of the tracing infrastructure failed. Internal Information : msdtc_trace : File: d:\nt\com\complus\dtc\dtc\trace\src\tracelib.cpp, Line: 1115, StartTrace Failed, hr=0x80070070

A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the SSL server credential private key. The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x6.

There are plenty more, but I don't want to fill the post with warnings and errors. So my thought is can I just re-install the OS without losing the backups or other data? Can I just put the DVD in the drive and have it do a "refresh" and hopefully it will clear out what ever is causing the problems?