RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

UBI emailing to Evernote

schoondoggy

So not quite as nice as Echo making a shopping list, but the email function in UBI works very well. I am emailing notes to Evernote. Then I sort them to the right spot. I wish it worked with OneNote, but the email function works differently in OneNote.

I set up a contact in the UBI portal named Ever. The email listed in Ever is the direct email to my Evernote account. All I have to do is use the UBI command, 'send email to Ever', UBI asks what I want to say, ' buy apples, grapes and oranges'. UBI says email sent and a note pops up in Evernote. In Evernote I have a folder for shopping list and to do list. I can move these email notes into the appropriate folder.

Sounds like a great idea.  I've used the "e-mail to evernote" a lot since it was released as a feature.  Using the automatic notebook filing is nice too.  Put an @ symbol with the notebook name and it's filed automatically.

WOW! With a lot of guidance from an expert at UBI I now have added lessons to UBI that allow me to say, 'add to shopping list, x, y, z' and those items go directly into my Evernote shopping folder. I also created a things to do list and a grocery list. The add lessons function in the portal adds some amazing things to UBI.

Here is an overview:

I will do some screen shots of what I did.

You can email notes directly to EverNote:

Just setup a contact:

kLVJ2e.png

ask UBI to email evernote and speak the content. The notes are delivered to the inbox at EverNote:

zYIafy.png

You can also have email drop into a specific folder by adding @nameoffolder to the subject line. Leor from UBI helped me learn how to set up a lesson for UBI:

In the home portal click on add lesson this will be an email lesson:

4nK1Y7.png

Now I can say add to shopping list,x,y,z and UBI says done and the notes go straight to the correct folder in EverNote.

THANK YOU Leor!