RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Lutron Caseta/wireless light switches

zamboknee

Anyone have experience with the Lutron Caseta switches?

I have 3 lamps downstairs (3 separate outlets) I'd like to control with one wall switch and the Caseta seems to fit the bill. The app/adjustment from outside the house is a plus but not necessary.
Currently we have the device in the picture but they are not reliable at all.
Any suggestions on controlling 3 different floor/table lamps with 1 switch? I can't run a pole to all 3 right now.

• 1 year later...
zamboknee

Hi, have you resolved this yet?

If they are floor/table lamps as you're mentioning in the last line, you need this: http://www.qioto.com/environment/lutron-caseta-plug-in-lamp-dimmer from Lutron for each outlet.

And you'll need the hub to connect them to. 

Then you'll need a PICO wireless switch to control them. You can have as many of them as you want.

Yes and no.  I have those lamp dimmer plugins on 2 different lamps (2 different plugins) and a pico wireless switch on the wall.  It controls all the lights fine from the switch.  The problem I have is the app (Wink) won't work with all the lights when they are connected to the pico switch.

Ah I see, so you went for the Wink hub. Good thing the company is not closing!

Sorry I can't help with the Wink integration unless you provide more details. I didn't quite get the problem.

Why don't you just use the Lutron app? Should be faster too!

Also if you are on iOS the Lutron Caseta is HomeKit compatible, which means you are able to control your lights from the lock screen!

zamboknee

Ah I see, so you went for the Wink hub. Good thing the company is not closing!

Sorry I can't help with the Wink integration unless you provide more details. I didn't quite get the problem.

Why don't you just use the Lutron app? Should be faster too!

Also if you are on iOS the Lutron Caseta is HomeKit compatible, which means you are able to control your lights from the lock screen!

Lutron app or the Lutron Caseta app?

zamboknee

The Lutron Caseta app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lutron-app-for-caseta-wireless/id886753021?mt=8

Good luck with it!

One reason you would need to control the lights on the Wink app is to create scenarios. You could get a lot of value out of this. Let me know if you want more info on this.

Thanks.  I tried setting up things in this app but it gets to the 'setup smart bridge' part and that's where it fails on me.  I don't have a smart bridge, all I have is the Wink hub.  Will that do in it's place?

I've not used the wink hub myself, but have you tried this?

If you pair your switch with a Pico remote, it won't be able to be paired with the HUB. To fix this, all you have to do is pair the switch with the Wink HUB first, then pair your Pico remote directly to our Wink HUB afterwards. The Wink HUB will assign your switch to the Pico Remote.

zamboknee

I've not used the wink hub myself, but have you tried this?

If you pair your switch with a Pico remote, it won't be able to be paired with the HUB. To fix this, all you have to do is pair the switch with the Wink HUB first, then pair your Pico remote directly to our Wink HUB afterwards. The Wink HUB will assign your switch to the Pico Remote.

But I have 2 switches.

Then you will just need to "Add Product" twice, one for each switch/plug-in dimmer.

If you are having issues I suggest to un-pair everything and pair them again from scratch.

To do this, quickly tap the “off” button on the dimmer 3 times and hold it down after the last tap. Wait for the LED on the dimmer to blink, and then quickly tap the “off” button 3 more times. The dimmer will no longer be paired. Repeat the steps for the remote. 

Hi there!

I was just wondering if it worked out??

Its not easy yet...the technology just isnt there yet for fool-proof DIY!

And home tech professionals are so expensive to hire, and usually cannot help with small jobs like this.