RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Vote for Drive Extender's Return to Vail

Citezein

Please take the time to vote for the return of the drive extender technology to Vail. I think voting on the official Connect forum will be the best way to let MS know how we feel. I'm hoping it's the top vote getting for all of Vail.

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/details/624029/add-drive-extender-back-to-vail

Mods, can we pin this please?

Please take the time to vote for the return of the drive extender technology to Vail. I think voting on the official Connect forum will be the best way to let MS know how we feel. I'm hoping it's the top vote getting for all of Vail.

https://connect.micr...er-back-to-vail

Mods, can we pin this please?

Page not found error on Connect.

I'm having issues accessing the link as well.. maybe it's just down due to load or they've blocked it.. I'll try again tomorrow...

Mine was vote #1194

As of now, this is the top voted issue on Connect for Vail with 1208 votes. That was achieved in under 24 hours, compared to the second highest voted item with 1039 that took one full year.

Thanks everyone and let's keep the pressure up.

As of now, this is the top voted issue on Connect for Vail with 1208 votes. That was achieved in under 24 hours, compared to the second highest voted item with 1039 that took one full year.

Thanks everyone and let's keep the pressure up.

Now up to 1881, which is 800 more than item #2 !! I hope they're looking, and reconsidering !!

Also the replies to the blog post are pretty clear - keep this in for home users..

B)

Page not found error on Connect.

I had this too, until I signed up for the "Windows Home Server" program.

Edited by DutchWHS

We should surpass 2000 votes within the next hour, with no sign of let-up. I have to think that the overwhelming negative reaction and press about this is making Microsoft rethink the issue. I'm sure they won't reconsider for SBS, which is fine, but they've got to be giving it serious consideration on the WHS front.

Of course that all depends on whether Microsoft even cares about WHS, which isn't well known at all. Their internal business politics lead to the product being grouped with the full SBS team, and it's pretty clear the WHS isn't a priority for them, at least not over SBS. This is understandable from a business perspective, but they built WHS, they sold it, touting its great features and many happy consumers purchased it. The bad press surrounding this is certainly costing them, but how much is the question.

I truly hope they do right by the WHS community that has shown a lot of passion around this issue, and for good reason. I think MS has lost sight of the design goals for WHS and its nice to see the community reminding them of why we liked the product in the first place.