RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Career Guidance For Smart Home Automation

rashessh

Hi Friends, 

I am inspired by the smart home concept. I have seen the videos of home automation products from companies like Control 4, Vantage (Legrand), Tebis KNX (Hager) & many more. Its just awesome!!!!! Although I am not from engineering background But still I would love to understand that how stuff work in home automation? And I want to make a career in this field!!!!!! Academically I am from commerce background & professionally I am experienced in Sales & Business Development (non-technical products). Can anyone please suggest me that how can I take this ahead......................??? 

Most of the systems you have listed above are installed by professional integrator. This podcast has a discussion with some one in that field.

http://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/2014/08/18/home-on-031/

As HA moves ahead there will be a good deal of do it yourself, but there will also be a large amount of professional, design, sizing, installing and training. Another career path could be with one of the vendors of HA technology. There is also a large amount of software development as well.