RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Zwave hub died and now I can not add the devices to a new hub

TimothyWMurray

I am totally exasperated.  I have a Staples connect connected to 2 Schlage Locks and 2 Trane Thermostats.

I worked for about 6 weeks and then one of the thermostats seemed to loose connection.  I disconnected the power from the Staples Connect hub and restarted it. But it never cam back up.

So Afer much trouble shooting Staples sent a replacement.  The problem I am having now is that The devices won't join the zwave network because they still think they want to be part of the old Hub's network.

I even tried a factory reset.   I have no Idea what to do. 

What model are the Schlage and Trane devices?

Have you factory reset all of them before powering up the new hub?

Yes and I even tried keeping power / batteries disconnected on all but one device and then trying with just one device. I feel like there ought to be a reset button on the zwave chip itself. 

I use Smartthings. In Smartthings I would log into their website and access my account. From there I could remove devices and the old hub. I am not well versed in Staples Connect. Do you have a online account with Staples connect?

Is this the process you used to reset the lock?

• Press the Shclage button. Enter your 6 digit programming code. Wait for the Schlage button to beep three times. Press the Schlage button again, and press 0. The Schlage button will blink three times to confirm.

I finally got the devices removed.  I was needed to put the Staples connect into remove mode before going to each device to remove it.  Not the other way round.  Then adding them to the replacement hub was easy. I am once again a happy camper.