RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

IP Camera and Server Solutions

nrf
On 2/3/2018 at 5:29 PM, DragonRebornUK said:

So i worked out a way to power these (SPOE not normal POE as its "special" there own way of POE, blimin Chinese manufacturers!)

is there anything you can share about this? I have a similar situation I'd like to remedy... besides the voltage being applied they claim a special coding is used. In general cheapness does not overcome the long term lock-in that results.

DragonRebornUK

Hi NRF,

No special coding was on my cams. It was 12v. Used this for PoE
https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEEWER®-ethernet-injector-Camera-Access/dp/B00H5IAB18
Then used this program for finding out all the onvif setting
https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/

very handy that program for onvif devices
I am going out now. But i can screen grab my settings for Blue Iris so you can see it of you would like
Speak later

nrf

again a hiatus on this thread, time to stir the pot....

I am looking at the recommended two programs from this thread and wondering if these or others that someone might know can run the PTZ on an onvif camera. Not a big deal but since I have an amcrest that can do PTZ it would be nice to move to software that can exercise it. I'm pretty sure my old version of GV is going to give up the ghost some day and it is only partially functional on the PTZ control scenario. My use case would be for scanning across my "hill" of a front yard without having to use 5 cameras to cover it.

Edited by nrf

Dave

Just as an FYI, the Synology Surveillance station will do that on the Amcrest cameras.  I pan around on mine a lot.

nrf

so nobody in this thread mentioned iSpy or zoneminder (for linux), ispy seems to be able to schedule camera movement...