Dave

IP Camera and Server Solutions

itGeeks
58 minutes ago, ShadowPeo said:

I am not entirely sure I would have to look it up they did tell me, I know it was not HikVision that the other company uses. I am pretty sure they are object base as I do not see any PIR sensor on the cameras

Thanks, I am pretty much all HikVision now. These camera are rock solid and the image from them is awesome. Cant wait to here about what your Sub is using...

ImTheTypeOfGuy
23 hours ago, Jason said:

Am currently trying my Amcrest cameras with a Blue Iris make time of 1 second, break time of 20 seconds and motion detection of 799 with min contrast of 62. To get fewer false alerts. Will the. Adjust from there. So far so good.

I have never had the time to finalize my settings. I was changing them pretty frequently on three of my cameras. My min duration is 1, break time of 30. My min object size is 300 and min contrast is 54. I need to adjust more because I do get motion triggered by clouds.

I have three cameras that see the street. I need to fix them so they ignore the top 15 to 20% of the screen so they don't trigger all day.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Just created a Blue Iris schedule and made it Continuous. Then set each of my cameras to use the continuous recording profile with motion detecting. This way I’ll have 24/7 recording but motion alerts within the time view.

This is the way all my cameras but one is set up. It works pretty good. I have not played with it enough yet.

35 minutes ago, itGeeks said:

I think that's your best option for sake of sanity. Take a look and see if BI offers the option to pump up the resolution if motion is detected this way you can record 24 hours at a lower resolution but if motion is detected you can record in lets say 1080p. Synology's new surveillance station now offers this and I can't wait to try it.

I do this with one of my cameras now. I record in a lower resolution and then have the camera in the software a second time for motion triggered recording.

In another post you mentioned XProtect. I was going to try it out but it doesn't work with Amcrest cameras. I was a bit bummed.

itGeeks

Don't your Amcrest cameras support ONVIF? I did a quick sirch and the ones I saw do, XProtect supports it so it should work with Amcrest. Its free so download it and try it. XProtect Download