RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

HomeBoy

Dave

Those guys sure look familiar.  ;)

Insteon lighting mainly?

I wonder if HomeBoy has considered using a forum like this for it's support channel?

joshpollard

I've worked quite extensively on Homeboy! Oh, you said "worked with"? :-) I'm the primary developer on Homeboy.

Dave is right that we're initially focusing on INSTEON, but we're planning to support the full INSTEON stack: lighting, appliances, sensors, etc. In terms of control we have a web app, mobile web app, and Android app, all ready for use. A Windows Phone app will be coming very soon, followed by a Windows 8 app. iOS support will come further down our road map.

We'll be opening up Homeboy to more beta testers soon. So, if you're looking for a home automation and control system that is easy enough for anyone in your home to use, and one that has a beautiful interface, please sign up at our site for more information. You can find out more at our site www.homeboycontrol.com

hometechaddict

Really interested to see what Josh, Richard and team deliver.  My Insteon install is stable and I have the Windows Phone and Windows 8 Tablets ready to go!  

cskenney

I was really confused today when I saw a post about https://www.homeboy.com/. Then realized it wasn't related to HomeboyControl.

Dave

Wow, that's a little messy though.

Mrtptf1489090434

Is there anyone that has had the ability to test this app.  I have attempted a number time to sign up as a beta tester over the past few months but just get the same email.   "Thanks for expressing your interest! We have received your request and will be contacting you with your personal registration code and instructions."  If they are not excepting any more testers they should remove the option or make it private.  I would suggest they at least provide an option to get updates in regards to progress so that those that have shown interest might just come back when they are ready to open it up to more of us.

joshpollard

Hi, I'm one of the developers for Homeboy. We've defiantly received your requests to join the beta, and we're really glad that you're interested in our product! We've just been rolling out the beta access slowly. You're absolutely right that we should be doing a better job of updating everyone who is anxiously waiting to use Homeboy on our status. We'll get back to you really soon about getting access to Homeboy.