RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
tinkererguy

INSTEON Windows 8.1 App

tinkererguy

INSTEON Announces Windows and Windows Phone Apps for Connected Home Control and Monitoring

When I saw these announcements originally, I had kind of brushed right by the fact that there was now a Windows 8.1 app, since the headlines largely focused on the new Windows Phone App.  I actually didn't really notice.  Since I don't personally have a Windows Phone, I didn't give it much thought.

Last week, I actually discovered that they do have a free Windows 8.1 App, already published, and it does work fine, with super easy setup (login, you're done). Basic functionality, not snazzy, some missing features.  Pretty much the same feeling as the reviews, seen in the Windows Store listing here:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/insteon-for-hub/77f93ec1-fa24-4f57-95fb-43c25e769f03

So, what do you think of the app?  Is it something you'd use, when in front of your computer/Surface?

schoondoggy

Have you tried the Win 8.1 app off site?

tinkererguy

Actually, I hadn't tried that.  So just tethered my laptop to cellular, and tried the INSTEON app again. Works fine!  Makes sense, given the link to my house is via the cloud anyway.  Hope this helps you!

Dave

That link goes to the app. Which review are you referring to?  I've been thinking about getting an INSTEON hub and trying these apps.  I like the fact that there is an 8.1 as well as Windows Phone.  That is nice to have.