RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      I've been given a green light to start a SmartThings install and I thought I would open it up to you guys to pick out all the "things."

Here is what I have in the house:

Alarm system that is not on a service.  We use it for night time safety only. It has sensors only on the doors otherwise, glass breakage sensors are throughout the house.  
      Three IP cameras. Nothing fancy, two D-Link 932L's and a Foscam PTZ.  Using iSpy software on a Windows Home Server.

I would like to:

Emulate the alarm system. I wonder if the glass sensors can be used with the relay module? https://shop.smartthings.com/#/products/evolve-lfm-20-fixture-module
      Cameras. I would like to get more cameras and be able to integrate them into the system somehow. iSpy software has a lot of options but the remote viewing is not polished.
      I would like to use and Android phone and possibly an iPad.  I also use a Surface RT to monitor the cameras. If there was any way to export web modules to build your own website that would be awesome.

My Things:

Hub
      Leak detector
      door lock
      a couple of presence sensors
      a pack of multi sensors
      relays for garage doors * 3

So, what do you think and what would your build look like?
    • cskenney
      By cskenney
      SmartThings tweeted out this Amazon Lightning deal.  Get the ST-SK-001 Know and Control Your Home Kit for $239.20 (normally $299).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EORV53G/ref=gb1h_img_c-2_1842_a639f83a?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=0GFQ7YQGS0CK1AVMQG8Z&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1725241842

Only available 11am EDT to 3pm EDT today.
    • twack
      By twack
      My name is Todd and I'm a Hacker/Maker (Hardware/Software) of SmartThings. I saw the podcast last night which pointed me here, so I though I'd stop by and help get things rolling.

My twitter handle is @wackware, and my email is twack.....at.....wackware...dot...net.

I'll stop by here as often as I can. but you'll typically find me on the smartthings forums for sure. I'm looking forward to helping you guys out as much as I can. "Let's get this party started!" as they say.

Happy Hacking!
      Twack
    • RCoop
      By RCoop
      Hi,

We’re working on a thermostat built around a network of wireless battery-powered sensors.  We just launched a Kickstarter and have been getting a lot of requests to integrate with SmartThings (and some votes for Ninja Sphere as well). We’d like to know if providing just our temp/humidity/motion sensor is valuable as a standalone Thing, separate from the full functionality of our system. What do you think?