RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Garage door opener and monitor working.

schoondoggy

schoondoggy

Instead of the LFM-20, I used a FS20Z-1 for the relay. I used a Multi to monitor the door being open or closed.

I had to glue some wood in place next to the door to have a nice level place to mount the Multi.

I seem to be using a lot of Popsicle sticks and paint stirring sticks with this SmartThings stuff!

• 11 months later...

When I search LFM-20 all I can find is the FS20Z. I can't tell much of a difference.  I just picked up 3 as well as some tilt sensors.  I wanted to use multi sensors but opted for the cheaper tilt sensors.

• 2 weeks later...
schoondoggy

I ended up switching my multi out for a tilt sensor. It has worked well. Make sure you set the FS20Z as a temporary contact switch.

I just added the FS20Z-1 and an EcoLink Tilt Sensor to my SmartThings.  I couldn't figure out how to add them as a set for a garage door.  It was not very clear to me so I added them separate.  Now I have a group of two sensors that work perfectly yet they are not very smart indicators.  Is there something I should be doing to get them to indicate visually that the door is open?

When I set up the FS20Z-1 SmartThings really didn't know what to classify it as. A switch was what it wanted to put it as.  I was worried about it switching and not being a momentary contact switch but on tapping the button it relay'd on and then off about 1 second later.  I assume I don't need to do much after that.  I have not tried it on the garage though.  I was hoping to get everything worked out prior to doing so in case I need to remove it from ST and re-pair it.  I have three doors to do!