RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ACHI problem

deadspeak

Hi guys

Having more problems.

Done some reinstalling on my htpc, and when enableing ACHI mode on my mobo i get the attached screen, and then nothing the system does'nt boot. I can't even get into the bios. The only way out of it is to remove my cmos battery a reset to IDE mode.

Have reflashed the bios to the latest version, but still the same problems. Anyone seen this before?DSCF1430.jpg

Only three SATA ports on the board or is this an add-on card?

It's a gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H 6 onboard sata ports, no add on cards installed.

What drives do you have attached. Also, did you set AHCI in both sections of the BIOS. I assume you did a fresh install? or did you try this after windows was already installed. Need more info.

Reset to BIOS defaults and unplug all your SATA devices. Plug them back in one at a time. My guess is you have a bad CD/DVD that is not playing nicely.

Reset to BIOS defaults and unplug all your SATA devices. Plug them back in one at a time. My guess is you have a bad CD/DVD that is not playing nicely.

I'll give it a go, but i only have a 30gb vertex ssd and a 320gb scorpio blue drive attached no optical drives at all.

I had the same or very similar problem just recently. Compounding this was the fact that I had just installed new memory along with a new motherboard - Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P LGA775 DDR3 w/USB3. Just as your screen shot shows, my system would hang at the drive detection step. There was something funky going on with SATA. IDE didn't seem have this problem. I reset the mobo a number of times while troubleshooting this. I think the solution was to stick the Asus ODD on the JMicron SATAs and put the SSD and HDD on the Intel SATAs. Anyway, that's the way it is currently configured.

I had the same or very similar problem just recently. Compounding this was the fact that I had just installed new memory along with a new motherboard - Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P LGA775 DDR3 w/USB3. Just as your screen shot shows, my system would hang at the drive detection step. There was something funky going on with SATA. IDE didn't seem have this problem. I reset the mobo a number of times while troubleshooting this. I think the solution was to stick the Asus ODD on the JMicron SATAs and put the SSD and HDD on the Intel SATAs. Anyway, that's the way it is currently configured.

According to the manual, the sata ports run of the chipset and the jmicron chip runs the IDE connector. I'll do a bit more testing tommmorrow night when i've got some time.