RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Oakalder

Need Help With Surface Purchase

Oakalder

Hey folks,

New here and thank you for chiming in with your expertise/advice. Here's my dilemma: I can purchase a surface pro 4 with an i5, 128g ssd, 4gb ram for $599 (no type cover) or a surface book with an i5,128g ssd, 8gb of ram. My purpose for the machine is for general surfing, watching video, coding, school and hobby photo editing. Should I spend the extra dough for the extra ram or save the money for other future purchases? Note: I am ruling out the surface pro 4 256g ssd because it's like a $50 difference for the surface book. Thanks everyone.

WolfJT

Hey folks,

New here and thank you for chiming in with your expertise/advice. Here's my dilemma: I can purchase a surface pro 4 with an i5, 128g ssd, 4gb ram for $599 (no type cover) or a surface book with an i5,128g ssd, 8gb of ram. My purpose for the machine is for general surfing, watching video, coding, school and hobby photo editing. Should I spend the extra dough for the extra ram or save the money for other future purchases? Note: I am ruling out the surface pro 4 256g ssd because it's like a $50 difference for the surface book. Thanks ever

If you want to do photo editing I think the more RAM the better. Both will do you just fine for coding, video and general surfing. The RAM will help you more with the photo editing for sure. I would go with the Surface Book. Just my opinion though

Oakalder

Thank you for responding to my question. After a bit of reading I came to the same conclusion as your advisement. Surface Book arrives on Friday

• Like 1