RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
spacemanjupiter

Can I Run Surface Pro 1 Without Internal Battery?

spacemanjupiter

I cannot find an internal battery anywhere online which has been really frustrating. My screen was coming off and was bent upwards. I thought it was warped from heat over time but after cracking it open I saw that my whole motherboard was bending upwards due to pressure from what seems to be a swollen battery.

I don't really use this mobile anymore and it serves as a desktop and sits in the docking station. Is it possible to just take the battery out and have the tablet be operational as long as power is going to it?

Sheryl

Did you ever try this? I ordered a battery (you can get them from Chinese sellers on eBay), but it's going to take forever to get here. I removed the old battery, and I'm tempted to try running without it, but I'm afraid I'll fry the whole thing.

Sheryl
Posted (edited)

I just tried it, and it works fine without the battery, using the original cable.

Edited by Sheryl
  • Like 1

spacemanjupiter

I never tried it without the battery but I found one somewhere online a while back. My old SP1 is still running like a champ every day. 

Sheryl

Mine is running great, too - with no battery! When the battery I ordered arrives, I probably won't put it in. I never use it on battery.

• Like 1