RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Future With Microsoft Products.

WolfJT

I was a long time user of Windows Phone back from the 7.5 days. I have a original Surface RT and a Surface Pro 3 and have owned a Band 1 and now a Band 2. Over the years I really thought MS was on the right path but now I am left wondering what the future holds? MS has thrown in the towel on Phone and now even the Band. I still like the Surface Pro it works great for my photo editing and visual studio. My wife uses the web and email and that's pretty much it. She can really get by with a Chrome Book with no issues. I work in the rugged device industry where CE.NET and Win Mobile (now named embedded handheld) ruled. But now, those two platforms are being discontinued for Windows 10 iOT. CE.NET was an awesome platform for small devices because it was very customizable. Windows 10 iOT is so locked down it's on par with iOS. Android (AOSP) is going to take over that small market because of it's customization ability. It's an interesting time in the world of Tech. 

good question, mobile devices are replacing the desktop in a lot of homes that don't need hardcore power. I cant see that happening completely in an enterprise environment yet, so I guess they will stick to software-surface type devices ??  I would definitely like to be a fly on the wall in one of their board meetings to find out what the plan is for the future

• Like 1