RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WolfJT

Microsoft Band 3?

WolfJT

I've been hearing rumors that MS will not be making a band 3. Has anyone heard of this? It would be a shame, I love the band and I was looking forward to seeing improved band material. I hope they continue this product. 

ImTheTypeOfGuy

That would suck. I love my band and look forward to the next iteration.

• Like 2

callihan44

Ive never tried the Microsoft band but it would not surprise me if they ditched it, they have way of creating something awesome then fail to fully support it.

• Like 1

thelilgeek

I am waiting for the band 3. Unless they maybe go to a more traditional watch style. I might like that better.

WolfJT

Yeah, I'm going off Mary Jo Foley's article saying there is absolutely no word of a Band update for the fall. The fall is usually when they release new products.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

thelilgeek

The band 2 doesn't look bad, but at $250 my band 1 works just fine. The band 3 would hopefully be enough of a leap to warrant the price.

I am timid about buying it and the band 3 is released. Maybe if they lowered the price more.

WolfJT

I've seen it as low as 150 now

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

callihan44

Microsoft might be done making fitness trackers

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2016/09/14/microsoft-might-be-done-making-fitness-trackers/

According to ZDNet’s sources, Microsoft won’t be releasing a Band 3 in 2016. In a statement, the company said:

We continue to invest and innovate in the Microsoft Health platform, which is open to all hardware and apps partners across Windows, iOS, and Android devices. We also continue to sell Microsoft Band 2 and remain deeply committed to supporting our customers and exploring the wearables space.

ZDNet surmises that Microsoft may now be less interested in selling fitness hardware and instead prefer to focus on its cross-platform Health service, which works with a number of devices from third-party manufacturers and tracks your activities and sleep.

thelilgeek

Hopefully they will just come out and say it sooner rather than later